Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In one piece... erm... except my luggage....

So I'm in Orlando now! Wooohooo! You know it's a large airport when you have to take a shuttle (similar to BART) just to get to the baggage claim! But it's nice not having to walk all that distance!
Anyways, I got off to a rocky start on American Airlines. In San Francisco I said goodbye to my family, it was a solemn moment, filled with lots of crying and declaring of one's love for me... ;) Haha, it's how everything is in the family, filled with smiles, hugs, advice and brothers trying to seem macho and not needing to hug their sister. (of course they were also thinking of how nice it will be without my stuff in the house).
My dad came in with me to check my bags and instantly we knew something was wrong. There was a fatty line... and people were upset about stuff. Fast forward about 30 minutes and I've checked my bags and I'm saying bye to my dad. I can't wait to see them all again in October! I checked my flight and found that I would be delayed 30 minutes... then an hour... and then we boarded the plane, sat there for about 30 minutes while soothing music and movies on nature played and then we were told that there was a malfunction on the plane and we had to
switch planes.
Luckily they caught that before we took off. I would much rather be 3 hours delayed and still be able to work for Disney than be dead. So we boarded the plane and I prayed that I could make it on time for my connecting flight in LA.
As we pulled up to the gate I had about 15 minutes before the plane was to take off, luckily our plane unloaded fast and I was able to get onto the flight to Florida. However, one of my bags seems to have had a disagreement with the other and they needed some separation time. While the large red bag (that is the more important bag) had no trouble getting on the plane, my other one had some issues with this concept. After waiting at the Orlando airport for a sign of my luggage I was helped out by a very nice (looking) mannered employee and he immediately helped me to locate the missing bag (Did I mention he had an accent? That seems like it should be important). I had be afraid that my bag had been mistaken for another's and that it was on it way to someone's hotel, but luckily that isn't the case. It just didn't make the flight, so now it's on another flight that'll be landing around 10am.
Other fun news, I was woken up on the airplane to see THIS face, Justin Bieber. Yeah, i thought that I was suffering from a nightmare... and unfortunately I wasn't. It was a full length movie on the boy followed by him messing with his crew, getting owned by said crew, and then being chased by a hoard of teenage girls. With a slow-motion whip of your head you too could have the Bieber look! :( It could be worse, and it became worse! Next I woke up to an image of Alec Baldwin on the T.V. screen... 'Nuff said.
Now I'm just waiting at the airport for about 7 am local time to check in for the shuttle and then to go to my new apartment. Yay Disney!!! ...

3 comments:

  1. Jules!! I have become a follower of your blog. :) I think your new adventure is so awesome! I am a little jealous as well. Anyway, I am so glad your travels went well. I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures about your Orlando summer. What exactly are you going to be doing at Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, YAY~~!! Haha, I'm excited as well, and I'm also sleep deprived! Okay, a little more than a little... But it's pretty insane here! I'm going to be working with kids? I find out more on Sunday. I'll be working at the Wilderness Lodge. :) I will give more info as I get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the adventures of Jules. Apparently you don't remember the Orlando airport from when we were there 11 yrs ago. To your credit you were young and sleep deprived then.(bad flight memories)Glad you made it safe. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete