Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yo!

Alrighty, so I realized that I have not really told you guys what it is that I do on a daily basis...
Basically what I do on a daily basis is throw a pool party and do relay races and games and stuff. Oh and I do dance parties.... yeah, I dance! Not well, but I dance! Funny thing about the dance parties that I throw. The lifeguards actually knew me as the girls that can't dance. However, kids will dance with me as freely as they wish. They will have no shame because there's a girl next to them that can't dance worth beans!
I will also bribe kids. I tell them that if they bring up a parent then they will get a prize. THEN I bribe the parents. "The most ENTHUSIASTIC parent that comes up will get an even bigger prize!" Usually a little beach ball, but WAY fun! I get grown men to do the CHICKEN DANCE! That and I get them to do it with ENTHUSIASM!!!! I love it! We do the Cupid Shuffle, we do the Ice Cream Freeze, the Cotton Eye Joe, and the Hoedown Throwdown the hokey pokey and then the chicken dance! We also do the macarena as well. :D
I also do other games as well. I run relay races in the pool. I do some hot potato games with water balloons. I also do a few other games as well. We also play Mickey Pluto, marco polo.
When the pool festivities are done I head in for a small break then set up a campfire. We roast marshmallows over a campfire and talk with guests. Then after that I set up a movie screen and then run a few errands and I get to sit behind the movie screen by the projector and watch the movie.
That's my job in a nutshell.
A week or so ago I went to the park with one of the lifeguards, Richard. We were getting breakfast in Magic Kingdom when a dad came up to us and offered me a chair in the crowded restaurant. I turned and he said, "OH! Hey there Jules!" He was one of the guests that I got to dance and have fun at my pool party. He's started saying that he enjoyed it. He recognized Richard too because sometimes the guards will get up and dance with me. :D It's funny because sometimes the guards will come up to me and say, "Let's dance.... now." heehee.
A few weeks ago I was able to go to Hollywood Studios and volunteer for the special effects WWII water deal. There are some pictures that I'm tagged in. Basically I was told to run around with my arms in the air and pretend that I got scared when the water came out at me.
Let's just say that I didn't need to pretend, I got scared and jump every single time.
Waaaaaaay fun. Thanks Michael Dixon, Richard Feliciano, and Kelly Sawyer for making that a GREAT day!
Alrighty, I HAVE to get going to work. You all have a great day!
Oh and this is one of the views that I got after work one day

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Keep up the good work kiddo. This is right up your alley. Kids, water, lifeguards, oh wait! Lifeguards? What's that all about? But the kids and making people act silly. Good job. They are supposed to have fun. Did I tell you I just learned how to do that? And I'm 56 years old!

    ReplyDelete